The world has seen many mysterious objects appear here and there to spice things up. One of the more recent cases was the so-called Utah monolith, a tall (12 ft or 3.7 m) object spotted deep in the Red Rock desert in 2020. Even though hundreds of similar objects made by artists and small businesses have appeared in other places, the person who installed the original one and the reason behind it remains unknown.
We at Bright Side love to shed light on the purposes of mysterious objects; but not without the help of Internet detectives, of course.
1. “What is this wooden spoon-like thing?”
2. “What is this flaccid orange hammer?”
3. “I just moved, and this dial is in my master bathroom.”
4. “The new bra I bought online has a ’microchip’ inside of it.”
5. “A tiny camera or some sort of detector on the ceiling? Found in a waxing salon.”
6. “A small, round thumbs-up clip of sorts”
7. “A small metallic object — its age is unknown, but possibly an antique.”
8. “A small, off-white block, possibly made from ceramic or porcelain”
9. “My grandma was up for a walk and she found this strange wristwatch in the grass.”
10. “Found this today buried in my garden.”
11. “What is this thing on the bar counter at work?”
12. “Someone brought this into a friend’s antique shop…”
13. “The object, I believe, is brass. Has 3 little feet and a stamp on the bottom that says ’CELESTE.’”
14. “My partner went to an estate sale and came home with an old tin full of these things.”
15. “Porcelain cookware by Maxwell & Williams. What is it?”
What strange objects have you encountered in your life?
Bright Side has its own podcasts now. Take cool articles with you and listen to new stories whenever and wherever you want.