Beautiful hair is a real treasure for anyone and essential oils are excellent helpers to achieve this goal. They are extremely powerful and can be used for hair care, for its strengthening, for growth, for damage restoration, and as an effective remedy against losing hair. Essential oils have been used for hundreds of years and researchers found that they are highly effective in hair care.
Viral Inspiral has prepared a list that will help you to choose the essential oil or mixture of oils that will correctly solve any hair issue. Don’t miss the very important bonus at the end.
1. Caring for dry hair
If you have dry hair, mix 5-7 drops of essential oil in 1 tbsp of warm olive, coconut, corn or avocado oil. Work it into the scalp with your fingers. Leave for a few hours and then wash it off.
- Sandalwood oil seals in moisture in dry, damaged hair;
- Lavender oil is particularly beneficial for this purpose because it helps regulate sebum production, as well as seal in moisture;
- Ylang-ylang oil controls the fat content of the skin and increases the elasticity of the hair;
- Geranium oil balances the scalp’s oil production as well as naturally conditioning it;
- Jasmine oil moisturizes hair and makes it soft and silky. Please note: Jasmine essential oil must not, by any means, be used by pregnant or lactating women!